By becoming one of over 130,000 companies to offer an apprenticeship placement, your business will benefit in many ways.
- Apprentices are generally very loyal and because of this, staff turnover in companies that hire apprentices is often reduced.
- Apprentices tend to be very motivated and satisfied employees. These qualities in a workforce often lead to increased productivity.
- Training apprentices can be more cost effective than hiring fully trained staff. Whilst a cost is incurred in training an apprentice, research from the University of Warwick Institute for Employment Research suggests that these costs are quickly recouped once an apprentice is fully trained.
- Apprentices often have the capability to progress to supervisory and managerial positions, so in affect, you could nurture your future business leaders from the moment they enter the industry.
- Employers can bridge the skills gap in their company more effectively by recruiting apprentices instead of graduates, as there is more opportunity to influence the training and education that apprentices are given.